1.Inhaling the hot fumes emanated by sprinkling turmeric powder on hot cinder will cure cold.
2. To get rid of Severe COLD, a medium sized onion is cut in to 4 pieces and the center filled with pure turmeric powder and roasted over hot cinder. This should be eaten just before going to bed everyday, for 3 days.
3. Cold occurring due to excessive body heat is cured by consuming coconut water.
4. Cold occurring due to body cold is cured by consuming pepper powder with honey.
5. To prevent recurring cold and give strength to the patient, 15 grams of almond, soaked in water for 2 hours, are peeled and mixed with half liter water, About 20 grams of dry black grapes are added to this mixture and heated over a light fire and a spoon of butter is added, when the mixture reaches a semi solid condition. Every night before going to bed 1 sp of this preparation should be consumed, followed by 1 cup of milk.
6. To effectively cure cold accompanied by headache, cumin seeds, pepper, coriander seeds and dry ginger are ground separately. Half a spoon each of this is added to 4 cups of water mixed well and boiled till the volume of the decoction is reduced to 1 cup. One spoon of jaggery is added and dissolved in it. Boiling is stopped and the decoction is cooled. Half a cup of this mixture is to be taken before going to bed.
7. To get relief from cold and cough 1 spoon of turmeric powder is added to 1 pinch of black pepper powder and milk and boiled well. After it is cooled the mixture is taken twice a day for 2 days.
8. To get rid of cold, lemon juice is added to warm water, and taken.
9. To get cured from cough, equal quantities of radish juice and honey are mixed and a spoon full of this mixture is taken 3 times a day.
10. Eating a sweet apple everyday for 7 days, gives relief from dry cough.
11. Eating raw garlic cures coughs due to cold and also heals sore throat,
12. Eating raw onion with curd rice cures cough due to body heat.
13. Applying sandal wood powder with honey on the tip of the tongue of children 4 to 5 times cures whooping cough.